Saturday, July 28, 2012

Catching up and Farewells...

Let me update you on the past couple of days. Cora and I said goodbye to the students on Friday and left for Palembang with Sri and her family. Imagine, yet again, The Indiana Jones ride at Disneyland for close to four hours. Enough said. I will try very hard never to complain about construction in Utah again....believe me you would not want the roads here in some parts of Indonesia. After we arrived in Palembang Sri's husband needed to go to Friday afternoon prayers so we all had some lunch. Basically we had rice and fish dumplings. Then Cora and I checked into our hotel and then went on a mission to find Songket! Needless to say I found some and I bought a lot of it! I love Songket and Batik. After that we went back to the hotel and had a look around the mall next to the hotel. Then Sri and her husband picked us up and took us to a floating restaurant, where we had a great dinner, and I even sang old 80s songs...don't ask!

Today we got to sleep in until 8:00 a.m.! Hahaha! Sri and her husband picked us up and we enjoyed a boat trip down the Musi river to Kamero Island. After that we had some lunch....we let the little girls pick and they chose KFC. Hahaha.... Then we went to a park with a little zoo of mostly monkeys in cases and just wild ones roaming around....yeah....scary! Then we did a little more shopping and came back to the hotel. Ran to the mall again, because when we went yesterday everything was closed because everyone was breaking their fast. Cora and I even got a pedicure.....the experience was kinda weird, totally unsanitary, but the girls were really nice and it was a lot of fun.

Right now? I am lying in bed, typing my blog, and thatching The Mummy Returns with Indonesian subtitles.

Oh!!! On the elevator tonight a little girl told her parents that we visited her elementary school in Sekayu! What a small world!!!

Enjoy the pics! (sorry this one is short...tomorrow's will be better!)

No comments:

Post a Comment