Saturday, July 21, 2012

Indo Epcot and Touching a Komodo

I don't even know where to begin with today's entry, but it was a great day! We went to a type of amusement park today that is similar to Epcot and the Polynesian Culture center. It focused on all the major regions and islands of Indonesia. It was fascinating and overwhelming! We had time to walk through some of the regions and it was so fun to see the various forms of architecture.

However, the highlight of the park was actually when I touched a Komodo Dragon! Yes, I literally touched one! It was crazy cool. I had to go to the Komodo Dragon Museum, but I was not planning on actually seeing one...let alone touching one. I was so excited when I saw the Komodo that I was content to say that I saw one, but then one of the workers was like come down and touch him. I was like, "No way!" and he reassured emit was completely safe....yeah okay?!?!? So one of my colleagues went down and touched him so I told another colleague if she would go with me I would do it. The pics tell the whole Komodo story!

Tonight we had an amazing culture night! We had students in Jakarta come and perform native regional dances. It was amazing! In fact I even got up and danced twice with them and sang along with a microphone once! Haha!

I wish I could go into more detail, but I am exhausted! I need to pack because I head out early tomorrow for Palembang. It is an hour plane ride and a three hour car drive away!

Love you all!

xxooxo

1 comment:

  1. You touched a Komodo dragon! What an amazing adventure you are having! These pictures look fantastic.
    XO, Jenn

    ReplyDelete